Global Teams and Projects Repository
Welcome to this unique resource on the Web. Here you will find various global design projects and a rich description of them. Our goal is to make this page a central repository of all global design projects and teams around the world.
What is a Global Design Team?
Global Design are characterized by:
- High-impact global service learning activity
- Full-cycle design experience
- Real-world environment that raises global awareness
- Provides global experience with humanitarian impact
The core elements of a Global Design Team include:
- Need for a discovery or service to solve or address a global challenge; ‘Need’ translates into enabling experiences that enhance the ability of the student to effectively address global challenges
- Expertise that the College or its faculty, staff and students can offer to meet those needs
- Recognition by international partners to possess the expertise required to address the needs
- Change in the quality of life as a result of intervention with expertise
- Sustainability of effort and impact in addressing current and future challenges in a socially responsible and culturally sensitive manner.Source:
Index of available projects
Here are some global projects:
- Water Distribution System
- Irrigation Design Tool – Ghana
- Basic Utility Vehicle – Cameroon
- Tenwek Project
- Gashora Girls Academy Project
- Global Team for Irrigation in Africa
- [sustainableWater Aqua Clara: Sustainable, Potable Water Supplies]
- [affordableTransportation Affordable Transportation, Renewable Energy, Food & Water]
- [waterResourcesAssessment Water Resources Assessment]
- [lowCostHousing Development of Low-Cost Housing]
How can you contribute?
You can list your own project here in this page so that others can find it and eventually benefit from it. You just need to start a new page and put a link under the Index above. You can either use your own format or just re-use the format of the listed projects.