Help: Wiki Page Names
Wiki Page Names
Wiki page names commonly use the CamelCase convention. Within wiki text, any word in CamelCase automatically becomes a hyperlink to the wiki page with that name.
CamelCase page names must follow these rules:
- The name must consist of alphabetic characters only. No digits, spaces, punctuation, or underscores are allowed.
- A name must have at least two capital letters.
- The first character must be capitalized.
- Every capital letter must be followed by one or more lower-case letters.
- The use of slash ( / ) is permitted in page names (possibly representing a hierarchy).
If you want to create a wiki page that doesn’t follow CamelCase rules you can use the following syntax:
* [wiki:Wiki_page], [wiki:ISO9000] * [wiki:"Space Matters"] that page name embeds space characters * or simply: ["WikiPageName"]s (!MoinMoin's internal free links style)
This will be rendered as:
- [wiki:Wiki_page], [wiki:ISO9000]
- Space Matters that page name embeds space characters
- or simply “WikiPageName” (MoinMoin’s internal free links style)
Additionally, one can also append an anchor to a Wiki page name, in order to link to a specific section within that page.
- To create a wiki hierarchy or make a sub-category of Wiki pages (or add to an existing category), you can use a prefix in the page name followed by a slash ( / ) or colon ( : ), example:
- To change the page URL name that appears in the browser address field, first edit a page then use the rename link in the upper right corner.
More on How do I use the wiki?